CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Back in the Saddle!

Hello again! I finally got a chance to sit down and play with some new goodies today. I held off on placing my Occasions Mini catalog preorder until after Christmas because I knew that as busy as things would be in December, that everything would sit neglected. There is nothing worse than having new goodies and no time to play with them! My order finally came on Thursday and I got to open it all up and play today- yay!

This card is a mixture of old and new. The embossed hearts were created using the brand-new embosslit from the Occasions Mini catalog called "Fashionable Hearts". I really like that with one run through the Big Shot I get five hearts that are embossed and cut out! So quick and easy.

The inspiration for this card came from a card that I saw on Pinterest. (Have you joined the Pinterest craze yet? I have found so many great ideas for both my crafty life and my home life on there. It is an awesome site, but be warned- it can be addictive!) Anyway, this card was my inspiration. I'm afraid that my card may be more of a copy than a CASE. I didn't intend for that to happen. I sat down and made my card having not seen the "inspiration" card in quite a while and when I went back to look at it, my card was very similar! Oops! I guess the idea got really stuck in my head!

This card (or some variation of it) will be one of the cards that we make at my "In with the New" card-making class on January 28th. I love that this card could be a valentine or a thinking of you card. I love versatility!

I hope to finish up my samples for the class later this week, so be sure to check back to see more previews! Have a wonderful week!

~Marla

Supplies Used:
Stamps: En Francais, I {Heart} Hearts, Easy Events
Paper: Baja Breeze, Rose Red, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Accessories: Big Shot, Tiny Box and Envelope die, bakers twine, Fashionable Hearts embosslit, Heart to Heart punch, stampin sponge Pin It

1 comments:

Rita W

I love how it turned out, Marla!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...